Treatment Algorithms Insight Series
Quantify Lines of Therapy Through Patient-Level Claims Data
BioTrends provides exceptional insight into physicians’ prescribing trends, from diagnosis through multiple courses of treatment, for a specific disease.
The Treatment Algorithms Insight Series delivers real value by examining physicians’ actual prescribing behavior as they initiate therapy and move through second- and third-line choices. Our analysis is driven by a deep longitudinal patient-level claims dataset. This database examines the prescribing practices for approximately 67 million lives, providing the most representative sample of U.S. treatment practice.
For each disease examined, BioTrends’ Treatment Algorithms Insight Series provides the following:
Sample questions Treatment Algorithms can help answer:
- Review of current guideline recommendations and impact on therapy selection
- Quantitative treatment algorithms based on patient-level claims data
- Product share (class and specific compound level) within each line of therapy (first, second, third line)
- Discussion of key drug combinations (including add versus switch patterns) by lines of therapy
- Progression of therapy from key first line products (e.g., initial treatment with Advair to second line, third line; initial treatment with Spiriva to second line, third line)
- Pathway to key therapies from previous therapies (e.g., how much Humira use is preceded by Enbrel versus methotrexate?)
- Which agents are patients using before switching to my drug?
- Is the majority of my drug’s usage continued treatment or is it mainly added to existing therapy or prescribed after a patient fails another therapy?
- What is the time-to-uptake for my drug, as well as for my competitors’ drugs?
- Which drug class is prevalent in my market and what types of concomitant medications are most frequently prescribed?
- Understand current treatment patterns and track quarterly usage, including use of newly launched therapies
- Drive product growth through accurate knowledge of your product’s positioning among the lines of therapy
- Target specific competitors that are preceding or following your product and benefit from actionable analysis of the path to treatment
- Quantify first-, second- and third-line therapy choice and discover the factors driving early-line treatment choice
- Interactive dashboard enables users to quickly maneuver through all available data views
- PowerPoint deck deliverable includes analyst insight of key findings and implications and can be incorporated into user presentations