This four report series covers the perspective of nephrologists awareness, trial and interest of Omontys (Peginesatide). This report answers the key question: With three ESAs already on the market in the U.S., will there be room for a fourth product?
LaunchTrends® are a series of four syndicated reports that track the trial, adoption, and usage during a Omontys’ initial market introduction.
Fielding occurs at one, three, six and twelve months post commercial availability. LaunchTrends® provide information on how Omontys fits into the treatment algorithm, impact on current therapies, and change in market dynamics. This study will employ a blend of quantitative and qualitative methods.
Questions Answered in This Report:
Evaluate awareness (aided/unaided), interest, and initial reaction to Omontys
- What are the primary advantages and disadvantages of Omontys compared to other ESAs?
Identify the expected placement of Omontys in the physicians’ treatment algorithm for CKD
- As a result of a once-monthly dosing will nephrologists be more likely to use Omontys first
line or switch from another ESA? Which ESAs are being offset by Omontys use? Are there
particular patient types appropriate for Omontys compared to the other ESAs?
Track the trial, adoption and usage of Omontys, including anticipated future trends
- Amongst nephrologists, what has been there perception of Omontys? What are the patient
perceptions of Omontys? Why are non-prescribers not using Omontys?
Identify the obstacles to growth for Omontys
- Is formulary and/or chain affiliation an obstacle to growth? Will bundling hinder use?
Determine what messages (and counter messages) are being delivered for Omontys and how
this compares to other ESAs on the market
- How do Omontys sales representatives compare to other representatives who carry other
ESAs? Who should be their target for the decision-maker in the practice?
Quantify the proportion of nephrologists have prescribed Omontys and at what point nonprescribers
will begin initiating trial?
Sample Frame & Methodology:
- 45 minute online quantitative discussion
with 16 US Nephrologists (each wave)
- 45 minute online quantitative survey with
several open-ended questions for qualitative
- 80 nephrologists complete the survey each
wave (1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 12
months after commercial availability)
Nephrologist Screening Criteria:
- In practice between 2 and 30 years
- Minimum of 50 dialysis or 100 CKD-ND
(Stage 3 and 4) patients under management
- Quotas will be implemented to achieve data
from four market segments: LDOs, MDOs,
SDOs/Independents & Not chain affiliated
- Final report in powerpoint format
- Complete set of frequency tables, summary statistics and cross tabulations
- Proprietary slide deck and frequency tables
- Clients purchasing prior to fielding will have the opportunity to include up to three proprietary questions in each wave
- Responses to proprietary questions will be provided only to those sponsors and will not be included in the syndicated version of the report but provided under separate cover
- Approved: Omontys, Epogen,
Aranesp and Procrit
Related 2012 Reports:
- TreatmentTrends®: US Nephrology
- TreatmentTrends®: Chronic Kidney Disease
- TreatmentTrends®: Renal Anemia (EU)
- ChartTrends®: Renal Anemia in CKD (US)
- ChartTrends®: Renal Anemia In Dialysis (US)
- ChartTrends®: Renal Anemia (EU)
- TreatmentTrends®: Anemia Managers (US)
- TreatmentTrends®: Renal Anemia (Japan)
- PatientTrends®: CKD (US)
- Special Report: Impact of the Dialysis Bundled Payment System