TreatmentTrends® Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is a report that covers the treat-ment of UC with an emphasis on the biologic-treated and biologic-eligible patient population in the United States. The report focuses on practice demographics and patient load, the current and anticipated use of biologic agents (both indicated and off-label), perceived strengths and weakness-es of the key brands, barriers to broader usage, sales force performance, perceived value of manufacturers’ patient assistance programs, unmet needs in the UC market and awareness/perceptions of products in late stage development.
TreatmentTrends® are syndicated report series that provide longitudinal information on market dynamics. They provide insight into practice pat-terns, attitudes and perceptions and current and projected use of various products. They evaluate perceived product advantages and disad-vantages, as well as sales and messaging efforts of key market players.
Questions Answered in This Report:
Determine the typical patient load, diagnosis and prevalence of bio-logic treatment among gastroenterologists for UC.
Understand how and why biologic use is expected to shift among gas-troenterologists in the next six months for UC.
Compare the current therapies in terms of UC market share (current and future) and highlight the leading obstacles to brand growth.
Understand the unmet needs in the UC biologics market.
Understand the attributes that gastroenterologists feel are most im-portant with the various therapies used to treat patients with UC.
Evaluate awareness of products in development and understand which product attributes will be most desirable in future biologic agents.
- 100 gastroenterologists will complete a 45-minute online quantitative sur-vey.
To qualify, respondents must meet the following criteria:
- Board Certified in gastroenterology
- In practice between 2 and 30 years
- Minimum of 30 UC patients under their personal management
- Minimum of 10 UC patients being treated with biologic agents
- Final report in PowerPoint format
- Trending will be provided for clients purchasing relevant previous reports
- Complete set of frequency tables, summary statistics and cross tabulations can be provided upon request
- Proprietary question slide deck: Clients purchasing report prior to fielding will have the opportunity to include up to three proprietary questions
- Publish: October 16, 2013
- Proprietary question submission: August 5, 2013
- 100 gastroenterologists will complete a 45-minute online quantitative survey
- United States
Key Drugs Covered:
- Approved: Humira and Remicade
- Off Label: Cimzia, Simponi and Tysabri
- In development: Simponi (golimumab), Vedolizumab and Tofacitinib
Key Companies Mentioned:
- Biogen Idec
- Janssen Biotech
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- UCB Pharmaceuticals
- Updates: Key Market Events
- Current Therapies and Medical Practice
- Market Landscape Snapshot
- Prouct Perceptions
- Unmet Needs
- Emerging Therapies
- Key Competitors
- Detailing Reach and Frequency
- Brand Messages Recall
Related Reports and Products:
- TreatmentTrends®: Ulcerative Colitis (EU)
- DecisionBase®: Ulcerative Colitis
- Pharmacor®: Ulcerative Colitis
- Treatment Algorithms®: Ulcerative Colitis
- Physician & Payer Forum®: Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis in the EU5
- Physician & Payer Forum®: Promising Pipelines for Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis (US)